Sunday 1 March 2009

Paranoia??

I think everyone suffers from slight paranoia from time to time, when you think that EVERYONE is staring at you so you frantically check your face and teeth for remains from your last meal. Or check to see if your skirt is in your tights or there is toilet paper stuck to your shoe..?
Only to realise there is nothing out of the ordinary and people aren't really looking at you..
Then there are people who are more paranoid than others...
Who think they are being followed, sometimes by specific people who are hunting them to steal their valuable hat or something else ridiculous.

I met a paranoid policeman last night.
I was on my way to Alexandra but needed to pop into Tesco first, I noticed that I was driving behind a police car as I pulled out of my road.
He was also going to Tesco so I was basically driving behind him the whole way there.
I did think that maybe he thinks that I'm following him?
But then told myself not to be so silly, surely police men wont think like that?

Well how wrong I was...

I parked my car and walked towards the entrance, at the same time as the 2 officers got out of their car, they looked at each other, then looked at me.
I didn't really think much about it, but as I headed back to my car after buying my shampoo they walked out as well (maybe they only needed doughnuts?)
Again they looked at each other and then at me.
Then one of them spoke and the conversation went something like this:

"Excuse me miss, but can we help you?"
Me: "Erm...no I don't think so...?
Police: "I couldn't help but notice you were following us over here?"
Me: "Uhm..I just needed shampoo.....(and I held up my bag)
Police: "Right, OK, well drive safe"

As I drove away I started to wonder if that really did happen?
Or was it all just a fiction of my imagination?
I mean, how can a police officer be that paranoid?
Or is it me?
Do I look like a police stalker?
Or does he need counselling?
Maybe he was just blinded by my beauty??
And wanted an excuse to talk to me?

Yes that is what I will tell myself was the reason for this rather strange behaviour

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share