Friday 6 March 2009

Cheating dreams.....

Ive come home from work, its been a busy week but I'm now off for the weekend and Ive got that feeling of bliss in my tummy.
Ive cleansed my face, moisturized and am wearing clean pyjamas.

Last night i had yet another weird but quite funny dream.
8 years ago I used to work for a big ish hotel chain in our town. Across the road is a multi storey car park, but in my dream that was part of the hotel and I was in one of the rooms with a man I had just met and his friend and girlfriend.
For some reason I was wrapped in a towel but still decided to go outside and stand in the middle of the road.

At this point in my dream I spot Him, sitting in the garden of the Hotel with some people from his work, and I panic that he will see me.
Because for some reason I shouldn't actually be there with the new man.
So I tried to hide behind a big hedge but He spotted me before I had the chance to get down on my knees (as you do when you are hiding?!?)
He told me to stop hiding, He could actually see me..
So I jumped up and pretended I hadn't seen Him and tried to chat casually to Him, but his eyes were burning a whole in me and I blurted out "Ive cheated on you"

The look in his eyes was awful!
And it was the physical pain of guilt that woke me up this morning.
It took me a while to wake up properly and realise that it was only a dream, I wasn't out on the street in my towel, I haven't met another man and I haven't cheated.

I have never cheated on a boyfriend, Ive been cheated on several times and I would never cause another person pain like that.
But I wonder if that's what it feels like to cheat on someone you supposedly care about?
How do people in that case carry on cheating on their partners?
Or does it get easier with time?

Wouldn't life be more enjoyable if we stopped lying?
To each other and to ourselves?

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share