Friday 20 March 2009

Me and Pink

I love Pink, and I don't mean the colour, which in my opinion should never be worn by anyone over the age of 15 unless its a small detail to an outfit.
No I'm talking about the singer Pink.
I love the lyrics of her songs and the rocky beat that makes me want to jump up and down and release myself, totally let go.

Pink released a new album last year, at the same time as me and Him broke up and separated.
The first single to be released had a great beat and the lyrics was cool and expressed how I was feeling at the time
"I guess I just lost my husband, i don't know where he went"
OK, He wasn't my husband, but it felt like He was...
"So what, I am a rock star, Ive got my rock moves, and I don't need you tonight"
Was sort of a way of saying "up yours you looser, you don't know whats best for you by letting me go and messing around with other women (whores!! sorry tourettes)

So I almost skipped to the shop to buy her album and listen to some great rock songs that i could "identify" with.

And I suppose i did.
Identify with pretty much all of them, they are heart breaking, rip your soul to pieces songs.
I couldn't listen to the album as much as i had hoped to.
Today I heard one of them on the radio, and I realised that it still hurts like hell to hear her sing about her heart break that is so similar to my own.
And I still feel broken.
I would have thought that by now I would feel more settled and be over Him.
And not have evenings like this where I stare out of the window and wonder what my life would have been like have we got married?
Would I have been pregnant now?
Would we be living in bliss?
Or would everything be horrible?

I was so sure that we were meant to be together, that he was my soul mate (if that is something that actually exists) and he would never do anything that would hurt me.
How could I be that wrong?
And how did everything become so difficult and emotionally draining?

Will i have to go through this again?



The videos are just as good as the songs themselves



This "Bimbo Jones remix" is so good.
At keast parts of the video is recorded in Stockholm, Sweden



Hope you enjoy them, I COULD have put all her songs on here...but I figured that would be boring...
It is now officially saturday morning, coming up to 1am, my party starts in 18 hrs time.
Hope you will turn up?

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share