Thursday 19 February 2009

Bleeping smoke alarm......

Another thing that is rather annoying when you rent a property in this country is trying to get hold of your landlord when something goes wrong..
The smoke alarm in my bedroom are running out of battery, so it is giving out a very high pitch beeping noise every 3 minutes.
Just as Ive relaxed and forgotten about the previous beep it goes off again...

So I called my landlord who very conviniently is in London, and wont be back until tomorrow, her partner is in Petersborough and wont be back until late tonight...

Since the property is from the Victorian era you can imagine how high the celings are, they are beatiful, but when Im standing on a chair and stretching every inch of my 5ft11'' body and still cant reach the celing, you can understand my frustration.

I wonder if it has eyes?
Because when I leave the room it doesnt make a noise, I even stood outside just to check my theory...
I sat on the stairs reading my book for a good 15 mins and it was quiet, but as soon as I went back in, the beeping started again..
call me crazy...but I think there is someone watching me, playing tricks on me...
Well, two can play that game... Im going to work soon and coming back with a big stick to beat it with tonight if its not quiet.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share