Monday 23 February 2009

Inspiration, Ghosts?

The response to my blog have been amazing, I am so happy to hear that quite a few people read it and enjoy it.
Some of my friends have told me I should look into a writing course and maybe pursue a career in writing.
I am very flattered and I might actually do that, i would love to write a book, that would be sold in an actual book shop...

I have also been asked where I get my inspiration from? And how come I started writing a blog at all?

I have always enjoyed writing and received good marks for all my essays at school and college, and i even wrote a "book" when I was 12. (I must look through all the boxes in my mum's attic to see if it is still there...?)

But it was my best friend from school Susanne who inspired me to write a blog.
She writes a blog herself and the way she writes, the language and words she uses are to me a big inspiration.
I like to think that our blogs are different and not that I am just copying what she has written and puts my own spin on things, but sometimes after I have read her blog, something triggers a memory with myself and I write about that.
Otherwise it is my daily life that inspires me, I write about what goes on in my house, in my head and in my heart.

Thinking about Susanne it does trigger quite a few memories actually.
She was the one who got me interested in ghosts, we used to look through old books in search for "signs" and in hope of an old count or his maid would show themselves to us.
We sometimes dressed up as ghosts, but not in a sheet like some ammateur ghost...no we had watched a program that was aired every morning during the Christmas holiday where there was a little girl ghost so we knew what a real ghost looked like!, and how to talk to her if she felt safe enough to show herself to us.

I am still to this day very fascinated with spiritualism, I love shows such as "6th sense" with Colin Fry or Ghost whisperer is another favourite.
I'm still not sure if I believe 100% in ghosts or wandering spirits, I have seen a few things that to me could just a ghost, but I'm sure there is someone out there who can prove it was just steam from the laundry room or my imagination playing tricks on me.
I however thinks it could be nice if it was true...
And they could talk, and not scare me senseless.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share