Friday 27 February 2009

Home alone?

Ive been home for just over an hour, when I came home the house was in total darkness and silence.
I realised that I was on my own in this massive house, where the lights only work when they want to.
Its not very often, but it has happened once or twice before that everyone apart from me goes away on the same weekend to visit their families and homes.

This evening i was however wrong..
They just came home, all together at the same time, which now made me realise that they are out gallivanting without me!!
That's not very friendly is it?
I probably wouldn't have gone with them if they asked...but it would have been nice to be asked.
I tend to drink more when I'm bored or nervous so I can see how that would have panned out....
Them: Conversing civilized over a bottle of red wine (between the 4 of them..)
Me: Drunk, sprawled on the sofa or sitting outside smoking too many cigarettes having drunk a whole bottle of white to myself.

We would as always get our conversations mixed up, like the time when I asked the 2 french girls if French people in general don't like American people?
They started talking about president Bush and what he stood for and french people don't like that and bla bla ( I got tired after a while...)
At the end of the monologue, one of them asked if that had answered my question?
Erm.......no I really only wanted to know since I had just watched the episode of SATC where Carrie is in Paris and falls over in Dior...and she was so embarrassed and didn't want to be "the American who fell in Dior"

They looked at me in almost disgust, and then said "We do nut watch Sex und ze zity"
Well shame on me for thinking that a marine biologist and another form of scientist would ever watch SATC.

So now they are all home, luckily I wasn't asleep because I would have been woken up and be in a very cranky mood by now.
you would have thought that academic scientists would know better than to run in stairs? (another thing I never understood is that how, when you weight less then 7 stone you can make the noise as a hoard of elephants?)
But they don't.
Its OK, its Friday night, got a lie in tomorrow and I'm getting my revenge by watching Angel and his fights rather loudly.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share