Tuesday 10 February 2009

Romantic men??

Well I only made it to work for a couple of hours today.
Normally when I feel under the weather I just dose myself up with vitamin C and get on with it, but when you vomit in a clients lap it is time to go home.

But before that unfortunate incident I heard something funny but true on the radio.

With this week leading up to Valenties day it is obviously a lot of romantic slush everywhere (slush which I used to love, but somehow not this year) and on this particular radio show they were talking about romantic men (yes I also asked do they really exist?)
But apparently someone somewhere has done a study and come up with that men from Hull are the most romantic men, the men in Kent (where I live) didn't even make the top 10.....
When I heard that I thought, well actually...I can agree on that.....
Not that Ive dated men from every county in England and can give a 100% accurate and fair verdict on the subject...
BUT I have been lucky enough to date not one but 4 men from Hull (and a few from Kent) and I have to say the Hull men win hands down.

To start off with its the accent....I don't know why but it makes my knees tremble.
The way they pronounce my name gives me butterflies and I feel the need to giggle like a little girl.
They know how to treat a girl and NEVER ask "to go dutch" when they take you out and I remember one particular evening about a month after Valentines day when i received a txt message from the lovely Mr R asking if he could come and visit me?
Well of course...when he turned up on my doorstep he was holding one, long stemmed, perfect, red rose, and he had me at "Hello"
The next morning he left, I didn't ask where he was going or if he would come back because in my heart i knew he wouldn't, but it didn't matter.

So if we then compare with the men from Kent that I have met...
It normally starts with a txt message asking "What are you doing?" Do you want to pick me up and I can come round yours? And then drop me off back home tomorrow morning?
Oh aren't I the luckiest girl alive?
And if I'm really really lucky I might get treated to a Chinese which I have to pick up and then get reimbursed at a later date.

The last time I met Him I didn't ask if I would see Him again, because I know I will but in my heart it doesnt matter anymore.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share