Saturday 21 February 2009

Early awakening....

Ive woken up far too early today, with a heavy, fuzzy head and my belly still feels full from last nights indulgence.
I went round my wonderful friends house and the plan was to wonder down to our favourite bar in the harbour.
We never made it that far though, but settled comfortable in her sofa and let her husband cook for us.
We ate warm chicken salad and french crunchy bread, my favourite meal for a night with good friends.
For afters we made the the best Swedish pudding there ever was: Meringue swiss!
Its similar to what the English people call "Eaton mess", but instead of strawberries we have bananas and we add lots of chocolate sauce as well. YUM!!
When me and Alexandra were in college we used to make a huge bowl of this, with the intention of dishing it up in smaller bowls and keep some for later...somehow we never got that far, the bowl was placed between us and we ate all of it while watching TV and chatting for hours.

After dinner we drank a few alcoholic beverages but instead of liven us up it calmed and mellowed us down, so I decided to walk home before I fell asleep in the comfortable sofa and her husband would have to carry me home (and THAT would not have been pretty)

I came home to a silent house and settled in my lovely bed with my fluffy pillows, only to be woken up a few hours later when the house mates came home and decided that right outside my room would be the best place to be when you are having a loud drunken conversation.
In my fuzzy condition I decided that enough was enough and flung my door open and snapped at them: "People are trying to sleep on times when you might be awake" and then slammed the door shut.
I'm not sure what I thought that would achieve and I'm not sure the phrase "on times when you are awake" was meant to mean.....but that was what came out of my mouth, so...

I am now awake and don't seem to be able to go back to sleep and I'm seriously craving a blueberry muffin and fresh juice.
Unfortunately the shops don't open until 10am on a Sunday in this country, so I will have to make do with summer fruit squash and reading my book instead.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

No comments:

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share