Saturday 28 February 2009

England vs Sweden

Ive just had a rather uncomfortable shower.
The water just wouldnt stay in a good temperature. That is one thing I certainly wont miss with living in this country, even when you have a power shower it wont stay the same temperature if someone runs the tap in the kitchen, so either you get scolded and risk 3rd degree burns or you will get frost bites.
What else wont I miss?
Having to pay council tax!
We dont have that in sweden
Drafty houses is another thing, only our summer houses are drafty and that is normally intentional for the "rustic charm"

And.....
Some English sense of humour....
I have to say, I find a lot of english humour is very funny, dry and sarcastic. And I have adjusted to it and become quite sarcastic myself at times
But if another person tells me "I rather be a swede then a turnip" I might have to beat them with a stick.

What will I miss?
Galxy chocolate..
Eastenders
X-factor
Big brother
And obviously my friends, my wonderful friends who are funny, patient, understanding and just generally great..

Im going round Alexandras tonight, maybe her lovely hubby will cook something yummy for us again or we will get pizza, but what ever we eat there will be a vast amount of alcohol which Im looking forward to.

2 comments:

Kirstie said...

Ive never heard the swede turnip thing, have to admit, did make me chuckle. Sorry! hehe

Mia said...

Thats ok honey, My dad calls all english people tea bags....which is probably just as annoying...hehe

Followers

AddThis

Bookmark and Share